The soft, buttery-textured filet mignon is the champagne of steaks. Unmatched for tenderness and delicate in flavor. Build your most memorable evenings around this melt-in-your-mouth, white-tablecloth steak.
Our filet mignon come vacuum-sealed to ensure long-lasting quality.
Montana-Born. Pasture-Raised. No added hormones.
From the Wagon Cook: This is one of many ways we like to cook our filets.
- Turn pellet grill/smoker on to 225°F. While smoker preheats, prepare thawed S Ranch Filet Mignon by sprinkling liberally with Montreal steak seasoning or seasoning of choice. Get both sides as well as the edges. Let meat rest in seasoning while grill preheats.
- Once the smoker reaches temperature, place the steaks on the middle rack of your pellet grill and allow them to smoke at 225°F until they reach an internal temperature of 120°F. For our 1 1/4-1 1/2-inch steaks, this takes about an hour.
- When the filet mignon steaks reach 125°F, remove from smoker and allow them to rest on a plate while preheating a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add butter, tallow, or any high temp oil to the skillet (our favorite is butter or olive oil).
- Sear the steaks for 45 seconds to one minute on each side.
- Remove steaks from the cast iron skillet and serve immediately.
Steak Cooking Tips:
Internal temperature recommendations for S Ranch Steaks:
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium rare: 135°F
- Medium: 145°F
- Medium well: 155°F
- Well done: 160°F